M673L3: 6/5 kW
- Four cycle, 3 cylinder, liquid cooled, naturally aspirated, overhead valve diesel.
- Swirl combustion chambers improve fuel efficiency and reduce smoke.Glow plugs for quick cold starting.
- Freshwater cooling with siphon break.
- Heat exchanger or keel cooled.
- One-piece heat exchanger, expansion tank and liquid cooled exhaust manifold. Fewer troublesome hoses and gaskets. Cast iron to resist corrosion and electrolysis.
- Heat exchanger cooling is standard. Cupro-nickel, tube-type heat exchanger has removable ends for easy cleaning. Rubber impeller seawater pump of bronze and stainless steel is gear driven; no belt.
- Fuel system is self-venting.
- Injection pump with 5% mechanical governor for close AC frequency control.
- Pintle injectors with replaceable tips.
- Mechanical lift pump with hand primer. No electric pump to fail.
- Large spin-on fuel filter.
- Steel fuel lines.
- Stop solenoid acts directly on the fuel rack eliminating linkage problems.
Intake and Exhaust
- Meets US EPA Tier III emission standards.
- Washable air cleaner.
- Cast aluminum intake manifold with Sound Maze air intake reduces intake noise.
- Cast iron, wet exhaust elbow for safety.
- Full flow, spin-on oil filter with bypass.
- 3.1 qt (3 ltr) oil capacity for better lubrication and 200 hour oil change intervals.
- Oil drain for quick, clean oil changes.
- Closed crankcase vent system traps oil vapor and keeps engine room clean.
DC Electrical System
- DC system uses reliable relays instead of an unrepairable printed circuit board.
- 12 volt starter motor and battery charging alternator with regulator and belt guard.
- Standard panel: Remote mount S-1B has hour meter, stop-start switch with run light and preheat switch.
- Expandable to six panels up to 110 feet from the set.
- 20 foot (6m) plug-in panel harness lets you mount your panel anywhere onboard. Better than inaccessible unit mount panels that are prone to vibration problems.
- Low oil pressure, high coolant temp and high exhaust temp safety shutdowns standard.
- Northern Lights, direct coupled, four pole, revolving field, four lead reconnectable generator with Class “H” insulation and prelubricated bearing. Conservative heat rise rating: 95°C/50°C ambient
- External automatic voltage regulator gives you ±5% voltage regulation. AVR powered by dedicated AC winding for improved motor starting. AVR circuit breaker.
- 30 amp mainline
|60 Hz @ 1800 rpm||6 Kw|
|50 Hz @ 1500 rpm||5 Kw|
|Bore:||2.64 in (67 mm)|
|Stroke:||2.83 in (72 mm)|
|Displacement:||46.4 cid (0.76 ltr)|
|Length:||28.5 in (724 mm)|
|Length with Enclosure:||28.5 in (724 mm)|
|Width:||19.5 in (495 mm)|
|Width with Enclosure:||19.5 in (495 mm)|
|Height:||20.4 in (517 mm)|
|Height with Enclosure:||20.9 in (530 mm)|
|Weight:||377 lbs (171 kg)|
|Enclosure Weight||44 lbs (20 kg)|
Information, specifications, materials and dimensions subject to change without notice.
|Note: US EPA Marine Certified Tier 3 are available globally|