- Four cycle, 4 cylinder, liquid cooled, naturally aspirated, overhead valve diesel.
- Induction hardened crankshaft. Forged carbon steel – stronger than cast iron.
- Helical cut and ground, carbon steel timing and PTO gears reduce noise.
- Cross flow head for efficient breathing.
- Freshwater cooling system in heat exchanger or keel cooled configuration.
- Large, easy-fill single-piece exhaust manifold is freshwater cooled for safety. No hot, dry risers. Fewer troublesome hoses and gaskets. Cast iron to resist corrosion and electrolysis.
- Zinc anode electrolysis protection.
- Heat exchanger cooling is standard. Cupro-nickel tube-type heat exchanger has removable ends for easy cleaning. Rubber impeller seawater pump of bronze and stainless steel is gear driven; no belt.
- IDI with glow plugs.
- Bosch-type in-line injection pump with 5% mechanical governor for close AC frequency control.
- Pintle injectors.
- Mechanical lift pump with hand primer. No electric pump to fail.
- Large spin-on fuel filter.
- Flexible fuel lines routed to base.
- Stop solenoid controls the fuel rack, not the throttle, to eliminate speed variances and linkage problems.
Intake and Exhaust
- Washable air cleaner in cast intake manifold reduces intake noise.
- Cast iron, wet exhaust elbow for safety.
- Full flow, spin-on oil filter with bypass.
- 10.5 qt (10.0 ltr) center well oil pan. 250 hour oil change intervals.
- Oil drain for quick, clean oil changes.
DC Electrical System
- DC system uses reliable relays instead of an unrepairable printed circuit board.
- 12 volt starter motor and battery charging alternator with regulator and belt guard.
- Standard panel: Remote mount S-3C has hour meter, stop-start switch with run light and preheat switch. Gauges for oil pressure, coolant temp and DC voltage. Safety shutdowns for low oil pressure, high coolant temp and high exhaust temp.
- Expandable to six panels up to 110 feet from the set.
- 20 foot (6m) plug-in panel harness lets you mount your panel anywhere onboard.
- Northern Lights, direct coupled, brushless AC generator is maintence free. 4 lead, 1 phase, 50 or 60 Hz output standard. 12 wire, 3 phase optional. Conservative heat rise rating: 95oC/50oC ambient.
- Automatic voltage regulator (AVR) is powered by dedicated AC winding for true 300% short circuit capability and circuit breaker protection. Quick ±1% RMS no load to full load voltage regulation.
- Generator features high quality, Class “H” epoxy insulation, accessible diodes, over-sized bearings and junction box for wiring.
- Welded steel base frame with drip pan.
- Four plateform mounts isolate vibration.
- Belt guard protects operator.
- White, long-life polyurethane paint.
- Operator’s and parts manuals standard
- Consult factory for details.
- Available for non-US flagged vessels only.
|60 Hz @ 1800 rpm||30kW|
|50 Hz @ 1500 rpm||26 kW|
|Bore:||3.7 in (94 mm)|
|Stroke:||4.72 in (120 mm)|
|Displacement:||203 cid (3.33 ltr)|
|Length:||56.0 in (1422 mm)|
|Length with Enclosure:||56.0 in (1422 mm)|
|Width:||29.0 in (737 mm)|
|Width with Enclosure:||29.0 in (737 mm)|
|Height:||30.7 in (779 mm)|
|Height with Enclosure:||31.5 in (800 mm)|
|Weight:||1331 lbs (604 kg)|
|Sound Enclosure Weight:||158 lbs (72 kg)|
Information, specifications, materials and dimensions subject to change without notice.
|Note: US EPA Marine Certified Tier 3 are available globally|