Selection without compromise.
If you depend on a marine generator set for your livelihood, you can’t take shortcuts in either performance or reliability. Northern Lights C-Series generator sets are designed with simplicity and efficiency in mind. Our M50C13 and M55C13 models are US EPA Tier III compliant and provide unmatched power production at commercial ready prices. Rely on the power production leaders at Northern Lights to keep your vessel running at peak performance.
Tough diesels marinized for life at sea.
Built for continuous duty, many Northern Lights C Series sets have logged over 30,000 hours without a rebuild. Northern Lights products are built to withstand the rigors of the unforgiving marine environment.
Simple to operate and maintain.
Hoses, gaskets and belts have been minimized. Most service points are on a single side to simplify maintenance.
Superior generator ends.
The sea is no place for a stand-by generator. All Northern Lights sets have low 110°/50° temperature rise ratings, Class H epoxy insulation and ±1% voltage regulation
Complete options list.
Each option is designed to integrate into a total power system specifically designed for your vessel. Consider a high power PTO that can supply hydraulic power at the touch of a button.
Total unit load testing.
Complete load testing is done with all accessories installed. Testing is just one of the quality controls that makes Northern Lights generator sets a tremendous value.
High resale value.
Northern Lights’ quality reputation is a big plus when you sell your vessel. Buyers will know you cared enough to install the industry’s best equipment.
- Four cylinder, four cycle, in-line, liquid cooled, overhead valve, marine diesels based on heavy-duty engine blocks.
- Balanced, forged crankshaft with induction hardened journals and rolled fillets for long life.
- Replaceable, wet cylinder liners for long life and low rebuild costs.
- Bimetallic valves with chrome stems and rotators.
- Replaceable valve seats and guides.
- Three ring aluminum alloy pistons with Ni-Resist insert for the top ring. Keystone piston ring reduces carbon buildup under light loads.
- Dual gear-driven, counter-rotating balancing shafts for smooth operation.
- A single poly-vee drive belt powers the alternator and jacket-water pump.
- High pressure common rail fuel injection for smooth, clean delivery.
- Direct fuel injection systems
- Ring clamp fuel fi lters with air bleed and drain.
- Diaphragm-type, mechanical fuel transfer pump with manual priming lever.
- Positive displacement gear-type oil pump.
- Full flow, spin-on oil fi lter.
- Oil spray cooling reduces piston crown temperature for longer life.
- Jacket-water, plate-type, full flow oil cooler reduces heat and prevents lube oil breakdown.
- Large capacity oil pan.
- A closed loop crankcase vent traps oil vapor to keep the engine room clean.
- Dry air filter silences intake noise.
- Turbocharger with jacket water cooled turbine housings for safety.
Component Specific Features
- Keel cooled with heat exchanger option
- Cast expansion tank.
- Two thermostats for quick warm-ups and safety.
- Cast-iron exhaust manifold for reliable temperature control.
DC Electrical System
- Negative ground, 12 volt DC system includes starter motor and alternator with regulator.
- Low oil pressure and high coolant temperature safety shutdown system.
- Optional control panels help you specify the amount and type of information required. Comprehensive list of optional alarms and safety shutdowns.
- Optional DC logic system for simplified maintenance.
- Optional pre-wired engine, panel with terminal strips.
- Direct coupled, single bearing, 12 lead, reconnectable AC generator. Maintenance free brushless design.
- All NL generators meet or exceed class society standards with Class “H” insulation, accessible diodes, oversized ball bearings, marine grade shafts and conservative 110°/50° heat rise ratings.
- Engines and generators are torsionally matched for long life.
- Automatic voltage regulator; ±1% regulation over the entire range from no load to full load.
- Configured for isochronous frequency control with integral electronic governor control supplied by ECU.
- US EPA Tier III compliant.
- Welded steel base frame
- Belt guard
- Captive vibration isolation mounts
- Tough gray enamel paint
- Operator’s and parts manuals
[tabs title=”Specs” disabled=”false” active=”0″ autoheight=”false” collapsible=”true”] [/tabs]