M844LW3: 20/16 kW
• Four cycle, 4 cylinder, liquid cooled, naturally aspirated, overhead valve diesel.
• Swirl combustion chambers improve fuel efficiency and reduce smoke.
• Glow plugs for quick cold starting.
• One-piece heat exchanger, expansion tank and liquid cooled exhaust manifold. Fewer troublesome hoses and gaskets. Cast iron to resist corrosion and electrolysis.
• Heat exchanger cooling is standard. Cupro-nickel tube-type heat exchanger has removable ends for easy cleaning. Rubber impeller seawater pump of bronze and stainless steel is gear driven; no belt.
• Fuel system is self-venting.
• Injection pump with 5% mechanical governor for close AC frequency control.
• Pintle injectors with replaceable tips.
• Mechanical lift pump with hand primer. No electric pump to fail.
• Large spin-on fuel filter.
• Flexible fuel lines routed to fuel manifold.
• Stop solenoid controls the fuel rack, not the throttle, to eliminate speed variances and linkage problems.
Intake and Exhaust
• Meets US EPA Tier III emission standards at date of manufacture.
• Washable air cleaner in cast intake manifold reduces intake noise.
• Cast iron, wet exhaust elbow for safety.
• Full flow, spin-on oil filter with bypass.
• 8.6 qt (8.2 ltr) oil capacity for better lubrication. 200 hour oil change intervals.
• Oil drain for quick, clean oil changes.
• Closed crankcase vent system traps oil vapor and keeps engine room clean.
DC Electrical System
• DC system uses reliable relays instead of an unrepairable printed circuit board.
• 12 volt starter motor and battery charging alternator with regulator and belt guard.
• Standard panel: Remote mount S-1B has hour meter, stop-start switch with run light and preheat switch.
• Expandable to six panels up to 110 feet from the set.
• 20 foot (6m) plug-in panel harness lets you mount your panel anywhere onboard. Better than inaccessible unit mount panels that are prone to vibration problems.
• Low oil pressure, high coolant temp and high exhaust temp safety shutdowns standard.
• Northern Lights, direct coupled, brushless AC generator is maintence free. 4 lead, 1 phase, 50 or 60 Hz output standard. 12 lead, 3 phase optional. Conservative heat rise rating: 95o
• Automatic voltage regulator (AVR) is powered by dedicated AC winding for true 300% short circuit capability and circuit breaker protection. Quick 1% RMS no load to full load voltage regulation.
• Generator features high quality, Class “H” epoxy insulation, accessible diodes, over-sized bearings and junction box for wiring.
• Welded steel base frame with drip pan.
• Four plateform mounts isolate vibration.
• White, long-life polyurethane paint.
• Operator’s and parts manuals standard.
• Consult factory for details.
|60 Hz @ 1800 rpm||20 Kw|
|50 Hz @ 1500 rpm||16 Kw|
|Bore:||3.3 in (84 mm)|
|Stroke:||3.9 in (100 mm)|
|Displacement:||135 cid (2.2 ltr)|
|Length:||46.0 in (1169 mm)|
|Length with Enclosure:||46.0 in (1169 mm)|
|Width:||22.8 in (580 mm)|
|Width with Enclosure:||22.8 in (580 mm)|
|Height:||27.5 in (697 mm)|
|Height with Enclosure:||28.1 in (714 mm)|
|Weight:||973 lbs (441 kg)|
|Enclosure Weight:||90 lbs (40.9 kg)|
Information, specifications, materials and dimensions subject to change without notice.
|Note: US EPA Marine Certified Tier 3 are available globally|