M864W3: 25/20 Kw
- Four cycle, 4 cylinder, liquid cooled, naturally aspirated, overhead valve diesel.
- Induction hardened crankshaft. Forged carbon steel – stronger than cast iron.
- Helical cut and ground, carbon steel timing and PTO gears reduce noise.
- Cross flow head for efficient breathing. Glow plugs for quick cold starting.
- Freshwater cooling system in heat exchanger or keel cooled configuration.
- Large, easy-fill single-piece exhaust manifold is freshwater cooled for safety. No hot, dry risers. Fewer troublesome hoses and gaskets. Cast iron to resist corrosion and electrolysis.
- Zinc anode electrolysis protection.
- Heat exchanger cooling is standard. Cupro-nickel tube-type heat exchanger has removable ends for easy cleaning. Rubber impeller seawater pump of bronze and stainless steel is gear driven; no belt.
- Fuel system is self-venting.
- Bosch-type in-line injection pump with 5% mechanical governor for close AC frequency control.
- Pintle injectors with replaceable tips.
- Mechanical lift pump with hand primer. No electric pump to fail.
- Large spin-on fuel filter.
- Flexible fuel lines routed to base.
- Stop solenoid controls the fuel rack, not the throttle, to eliminate speed variances and linkage problems.
Intake and Exhaust
- Meets US EPA Tier III emission standards at date of manufacture.
- Washable air cleaner in cast intake manifold reduces intake noise.
- Cast iron, wet exhaust elbow for safety.
- Full flow, spin-on oil filter with bypass.
- 6.9 qt (6.5 ltr) oil capacity for better lubrication. 200 hour oil change intervals.
- Oil drain for quick, clean oil changes.
- Closed crankcase vent system traps oil vapor and keeps engine room clean.
DC Electrical System
- DC system uses reliable relays instead of an unrepairable printed circuit board.
- 12 volt starter motor and battery charging alternator with regulator and belt guard.
- Standard panel: Remote mount S-3C has hour meter, stop-start switch with run light and preheat switch. Gauges for oil pressure, coolant temp and DC voltage. Safety shutdowns for low oil pressure, high coolant temp and high exhaust temp.
- Expandable to six panels up to 110 feet from the set.
- 20 foot (6m) plug-in panel harness lets you mount your panel anywhere onboard.
- Northern Lights, direct coupled, brushless AC generator is maintence free. 4 lead, 1 phase, 50 or 60 Hz output standard. 12 lead, 3 phase optional. Conservative heat rise rating: 95oC/50oC ambient.
- Automatic voltage regulator (AVR) is powered by dedicated AC winding for true 300% short circuit capability and circuit breaker protection. Quick ±1% RMS no load to full load voltage regulation.
- Generator features high quality, Class “H” epoxy insulation, accessible diodes, over-sized bearings and junction box for wiring.
- Welded steel base frame with drip pan.
- Four plateform mounts isolate vibration.
- White, long-life polyurethane paint.
- Operator’s and parts manuals standard.
- Consult factory for details.
|60 Hz @ 1800 rpm||25 Kw|
|50 Hz @ 1500 rpm||20 Kw|
|Bore:||3.4 in (86 mm)|
|Stroke:||4.2 in (107 mm)|
|Displacement:||152 cid (2.49 ltr)|
|Length:||52.9 in (1350 mm)|
|Length with Enclosure:||52.9 in (1350 mm)|
|Width:||24.2 in (696 mm)|
|Width with Enclosure:||24.2 in (696 mm)|
|Height:||26.5 in (672 mm)|
|Height with Enclosure:||27.7 in (703 mm)|
|Weight:||993 lbs (450 kg)|
|Enclosure Weight:||140 lbs (64 kg)|
Information, specifications, materials and dimensions subject to change without notice.
|Note: US EPA Marine Certified Tier 3 are available globally|