Never Lose Power with Northern Lights Land Based Generators
4.5 – 36 kW
Northern Lights Land-Based Generator Sets will keep you powered no matter the conditions. We have over 60 years of experience building the most reliable, durable, simple generator sets on the market and our 4.5 – 36 kW land-based line up is no exception.
Some of the features and benefits include:
- Four cycle, 3 cylinder, liquid cooled, naturally aspirated, overhead valve, industrial-duty diesel.
- Swirl combustion design improves fuel efficiency, reduces smoke and noise.
- Glow plugs for fast cold weather starting.
- Liquid-cooled with radiator and pusher cooling fan. Steel radiator shroud and fan guard protects the radiator and operator.
SELF-VENTING FUEL SYSTEM
- Bosch-type in-line injection pump.
- Stop solenoid controls the fuel rack, not throttle, to eliminate speed variance and linkage problems.
- Engine speed governed to 5% for close AC frequency control.
- Pintle fuel injectors have replaceable tips for lower service costs.
- Mechanical fuel pump with hand primer.
- Large spin-on fuel filter.
- Steel fuel lines.
INTAKE & EXHAUST
- Large replaceable air filter protects engine in dusty environments.
- Residential muffler built into the exhaust manifold simplifies installation.
- Meets US EPA Tier IV exhaust emission requirements for cleaner air.
- Pressure lubricated. Trochoid oil pump.
- Full flow, spin-on oil filter with bypass.
DC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- 12 volt system includes starter motor, battery charging alternator with solid state voltage regulator and DC circuit breaker.
- Standard, unit mount S-1B control panel has engine hour meter, start-stop switch with run light and preheat switch.
- Dual panel relays and quick disconnect harness plug-ins. With optional Y-harness and 10, 20 or 40 foot wire harness extensions, you can have up to six remote control panels up to 100 feet from the generator set.
- Safety shutdown system for low oil pressure and high coolant temperature.
- Northern Lights, direct coupled, 4 pole, revolving field, 4 lead re-connectable generator with Class H insulation and pre-lubricated bearing. Conservative heat rise rating: 95°C/50°C ambient. Compare this to light duty sets with heat rise ratings of 130°C or higher.
- External automatic voltage regulator gives you ±5% voltage regulation. AVR powered by dedicated AC winding for improved motor starting. AVR circuit breaker.
- 30 amp mainline circuit breaker protects generator from AC overloads and shorts.
- High air flow from integral fan keeps generator running cool.
- Welded steel skid frame gives rigid support and makes installation easy.
- Enhanced fan guard for improved operator safety.
- Flexible mounts isolate engine vibration for smooth operation.
- Long life, blue enamel paint finish.
- Operator’s and parts manuals.
- Rigorous quality control includes a test run with load.
- Export grade shipping crate protects set.
To learn more about the land-based line up from Northern Lights click here