Specifications + Dimensions
|60 Hz / |
1800 rpm: 1
|50 Hz, |
1500 RPM kW
0.5 Hz, 1.7 Hz,
|Phase and |
0.8 power factor std.
|90°C temperature rise
at 50°C ambient
| I-6 /
|Displacement - |
|Bore/stroke - inches (mm):|| 4.19/5
|Fuel injection |
|(Heat Exchanger Cooled)||60 Hz||50 Hz|
|Heat rejection to jacket water - BTU min||11,800||8,498|
|Freshwater pump capacity - gpm (lpm)||51.2 (194)||42.2 (161)|
|Approximate cooling capacity - gal (ltr)||6.5 (24.7)||6.5 (24.7)|
|Seawater Flow - gpm(lpm)||33 (124.9)||33 (124.9)|
|Max seawater pump suction head lift - ft (m)||3 (1)||3 (1)|
|Sea water pump inlet hose ID - in (mm)||2.5 (63)||2.5 (63)|
|Min. seawater inlet/discharge thru-hull - in (mm)||2.5 (63)||2.5 (63)|
|(12V standard, 24V optional)|
|DC starting voltage - standard (optional)||12 (24)|
|Min battery capacity - amp hr/12V CCA (24V CCA)||255/925 (625)|
|Starter rolling amps @ 0°C - 12VDC (24VDC)||920 (600)|
|12 Volt battery cable size up to 10 ft (3m)||000|
|Air consumption - cfm (m3/m)||547 (15.5)||353 (10.0)|
|Approx heat radiated to air - BTU/min||2,040||1,700|
|Generator cooling air flow 1 & 3 Ø - cfm (m3/m)||1,308 (37)||1,090 (31)|
|Exhaust gas volume - (m3/m)||1,123 (32)||828 (23)|
|Exhaust gas temp - F°(C°)||703 (373)||849 (454)|
|Max. exhaust back pressure - inch H2O (mm H2O)||30 (762)||30 (762)|
|Wet exhaust elbow OD- in (mm)||5 (127)||5 (127)|
|Dry exhaust elbow in (mm)||4 (102)||4 (102)|
|Fuel injection pump type and control||High Pressure Common Rail|
|Min suction - in (mm)||0.31 (8)|
|Min return line - in (mm)||0.31 (8)|
|Max fuel transfer pump suction lift - ft (m)||7.9 (2.4)|
|Max fuel flow to transfer pump - gph||42.8|
|Specific fuel consumption max load 60 hz - lbs/hp-hr||0.386|
|Specific fuel consumption max load 50 hz - lbs/hp-hr||0.363|
|Approx. fuel rate** at 60 Hz full load - gph (lph)3||12.2 (46.1)|
|Approx. fuel rate** at 50 Hz full load - gph (lph)3||9.5 (36.1)|
|Continuous (with separate expansion tank)||25|
|Intermittent (2 minutes)||35|
|Length - inches (mm)||84.4 (2144)|
|Width - inches (mm)||38.3 (973)|
|Height - inches (mm)||48.3 (1227)|
|Weight - pounds (kilograms)||3495 (1585)|
|Length - inches (mm)||90.0 (2286)|
|Width - inches (mm)||42.0 (1067)|
|Height - inches (mm)||42.0 (1067)|
|Weight - pounds (kilograms)||4212 (1911)|
Features + Benefits
- Six cylinder, four cycle, in-line, liquid cooled, overhead valve, marine diesels based on heavyduty industrial engine blocks.
- Balanced, forged crankshaft with induction hardened journals and rolled fillets for long life.
- Replaceable, wet cylinder liners for long life and low rebuild costs.
- Bimetallic valves with chrome stems and rotators.
- Replaceable valve seats and guides.
- Three ring aluminum alloy pistons with Ni-Resist insert for the top ring. Keystone piston ring reduces carbon buildup under light loads.
- Torsional crankshaft dampers help ensure smooth operation.
- A single poly-vee drive belt powers the alternator and jacket-water pump.
- High pressure common rail fuel injection for smooth, clean delivery.
- Direct fuel injection systems
- Ring clamp fuel ﬁlters with air bleed and drain.
- Electric fuel pump integrated into primary fuel filter. Computer controlled priming for ease of operation.
- Positive displacement gear-type oil pump.
- Full flow, spin-on oil ﬁlter.
- Jacket-water, plate-type, full flow oil cooler reduces heat and prevents lube oil breakdown.
- Large capacity oil pan.
- A closed loop crankcase vent traps oil vapor to keep the engine room clean.
- Dry air ﬁlter silences intake noise.
- Turbocharger with jacket water cooled turbine housings for safety.
- Jacket water aftercooler provides optimized combustion and output.
- Heat exchanger cooled.
- Gear driven, belt-less sea water pump with flexible impeller made of bronze and stainless steel.
- Cast iron expansion tank with brass ﬁller neck.
- Two thermostats for quick warm-ups and safety.
- Cast-iron exhaust manifold for reliable temperature control.
- Negative ground, 12 volt DC system has circuit breaker, starter motor and alternator with regulator. Relay board and senders for gauged panels standard.
- Standard S-3B remote control panel with engine hour meter, coolant temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, DC voltage meter, start-stop and shutdown bypass switches. Additional optional panels help you specify the amount and type of information delivered.
- Low oil pressure and high coolant temperature safety shutdown system.
- Direct coupled, single bearing, 12 lead, reconnectable AC generator. Maintenance free brushless design.
- All NL generators meet or exceed class society standards with Class “H” insulation, accessible diodes, oversized ball bearings, marine grade shafts and conservative 90°/50° heat rise ratings.
- Engines and generators are torsionally matched for long life.
- Automatic voltage regulator; ±0.5% regulation over the entire range from no load to full load.
- Configured for isochronous operation with integral electronic governor control supplied by ECU. Frequency droop available upon request.
- US EPA Tier III compliant (60 Hz).
- IMO Tier 2 compliant (50 Hz).
- Welded steel base frame
- Belt guard
- Center bonded vibration isolation mounts
- Sparkling white IMRON® polyurethane paint
- Operator’s and parts manuals